News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

IDE SFR View

Started by Peter Truman, Jun 18, 2023, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Truman

Hi

I have the standard IDE installed (all defaults accepted) but I'm not seeing any data in the Microcode SFR View from the top left of the Code Explorer pane.

I just get a 'No Information is currently available' message

Can anyone advise how I put that right/ - Seems to be a very useful thing to be missing out on.

Many thanks
Peter

RGV250

Hi,
You will have to create your own thesedays as it is a monumental, task for Les to keep up with all the new devices.
The files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\Plugin\CompilerBitnames and there are some already to use to see how it is done. A bit of reading from the datasheet is needed.

If you select a device that has a bnf file in the IDE you can then see how they are formatted, notepad++ is a good program to use for editing.
If you select 18F4550 for an example SPPDATA is the first SFR and this is the first entry in the file.
** BITNAMES **
'SPPDATA="This register is not implemented on 28-pin devices and are read as '0'."
DATA7=SPPDATA.7,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "
DATA6=SPPDATA.6,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "
DATA5=SPPDATA.5,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "
DATA4=SPPDATA.4,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "
DATA3=SPPDATA.3,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "
DATA2=SPPDATA.2,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "
DATA1=SPPDATA.1,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "
DATA0=SPPDATA.0,"These bits are Not implemented On 28-pin devices And are Read As '0' "

Bob

Stephen Moss

As Bob indicated it is probably because no BNF file exists for that device.

I did create a whole load of them a while back, so the one you need might be in there. You can find out more by reading this post.
If you want descriptions for the bits you will probably have to add them yourself but they could still save you a lot of time compared to writing it from scratch.

Peter Truman

Ah, understood.
Thanks for the info