News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Microstick 2 programming

Started by RGV250, Jun 10, 2023, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaka

Quote from: RGV250 on Jul 18, 2024, 04:46 PMJust to let you know it went seamless to update the firmware on both the Microstick 2 boards. I have downloaded a program to both which went with no issues but have not got the test board handy to make sure they work. When I unpack my stuff I will run the programs I did for the Microstick plus boards but I am sure they will work so thanks for your work on this. What Microchip should have done if they bother to listen to customers.
Devices were 24HJ128GP502.
Thank you for the results Bob. I think you should now be able to reach your original goal, program from IDE, by using the command line version. It behaves just like Microchip's original pk2cmd, so any examples for PICkit2 integration with pk2cmd should work.

sdallo

Quote from: jaka on Jul 19, 2024, 02:09 PMIf you want to try programming this chip, you can contact me with PM.

Thanks for your offer, personally not interested, I think this chip will be managed by MPLAB and XC16 compiler.

QuoteI noticed from your screenshots that some texts on the GUI software are not shown with your dark color theme. I tried to replicate this problem. The default win10 dark theme nor high contrast dark themes don't show this issue.

Oh, sorry for that, please don't waste your time... I've visual problems since I was born, five surgery at eyes and not tolerate light (white backgrounds) resulting in massive vanishing of details. Unfortunately it's a daily battle for me.

My screenshots are from Win7 OS with high-contrast activated (ALT+LEFT-SHIFT+PRINTSCREEN) and a color modified theme. There are some softwares that are usable as the 'Visual Studio Code' with support for Positron (Thanks Atomix!!) as shown in screenshot below, evidently MS know how manage high-contrast mode.

Best, Stefano