News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

mcPluginMgr.dll again

Started by TimB, May 06, 2023, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

Hi All

I'm back working with a GLCD and trying to convert fonts. I still have this issue with the missing dll. mcPluginMgr.dll

I presume it should be in the ProtonIDE folder but its not. And I cannot find an orginal Proton instal to pull it from.

If I can find it I should be able to get Proton_Fontconveter to run and DaveS's  GLCD mate.

I tried GLCD Font Converter  that you can get from the mikroelektronika site but that produces the wrong format tables

Can I ask you have a look in the Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE folder for the file mcPluginMgr.dll if you have it can you let me know and we can sort out some way to transfer it.

Cheers

Tim

JohnB

I am sure I have told you this previously.
This is where you should look for the plugin manager:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mcPluginMgr.dll

and here is a link for the file in case you dont have it

PS - I don't know if  this will work as I am not sure that it will give the correct response if there is no ProtonIDE running.
JohnB

TimB

Thanks John

That fixed it and explained why it was missing. It seems Win11 has a few files missing.

Tim

DaveS

Hi Tim

I have found a a copy of the original GLCD Font Creator v1.0.0.0 but you will need your licence info, I found mine in an email from 2008, if you can't pm me.
There was a Swordfish version as well free.

Dave

GLCD Font Creator Install for IDE V2-0-0-4.zip

RGV250

Hi,
You can also get the one that Octal sold to Mikro, not sure if it outputs the data in the right format though.
https://www.mikroe.com/glcd-font-creator

Bob

TimB

Thanks Dave
I will give it a try. I'm using a very old converter that produces the right output but its SLOW and needs two passes. Then complains that the numb bytes is not enough. I have GLCDMate working now.  :D Happy!

Thanks Bob
I have that but the data output is wrong. I worked with Octal for a brief period on it so I like the system. I hope Daves copy may solve all the issues.