News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Positron Studio PDF / Manual issues

Started by Peter Truman, May 12, 2023, 12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Truman

Hi - still working on changing my IDE to Positron Studio - I might be a bit dim but.. I don't seem to be able to search in the PDF viewer

I have the Compiler manual open - with the pdf explorer on the left. But, no mater what I do I can't find a search option! - If I right click on the manual I get a context menu, 'Select tool' etc, but again.. no search option.

I've scoured the screen but, for the life of me, I can't find search  >:(

If anyone can point me in the right direction - I'd really appreciate it - I do have the manual in a separate pdf which is fine - just a bit inconvenient.

Also - clicking on <help>,<positron compilers forum> takes me to some bizarre page in chinese site. The <positron website> link works fine.

<studio support> just opens a blank page.

Other than that - all good, thanks

Peter

joesaliba

In Positron Studio there is an option to open the PDF file with your default PDF viewer. That is what I use, as I find it more convenient, rather than having to open a PDF in Positron Studio, which will occupy an IDE tab.

Regards

Joe

Stephen Moss

You can navigate quite well and generally find the what you want using the bookmarks, although it does sometimes help if you know which section it is likely to be in but I don't think you can search using the in built PDF reader.
I think that is why I have shortcuts to the manual on my desktop so that they open in Acrobat and I can search from there. Although slight less convenient as you have to switch apps or arrange then side by side instead of them being in the same application.

Alternatively, instead of creating desktop shortcut to the manuals, in the General tab of the Options (Tool Menu) there is a check box for making PDF's open in the default reader instead of the one built into the IDE if you want to be able to search them.