News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Looking for help with analogue design

Started by TimB, Apr 27, 2023, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

I'm beginning to think I may have designed in the wrong part for the opamp

The MCP6041 is listed as having a Gain Bandwidth Product of 14 kHz (typical)

I'm feeding in a square wave that has a period of around 40us thats around 25khz

I will change the code to just pulse at say 100hz tomorrow and see what happens.

TimB

After playing with the timing I can confirm that the Gain Bandwidth is the issue.

Off to the inter-webs to find a replacement....

JonW

MCP6401 has GBP of 1M, I often use TLV314 or the OPA310.
Buy a few different ones and compare

TimB

Thanks

I looked at the MCP6001 and that would be fine but neither RS or Farnell have stock although Farnell has the MCP6001R and the MCP6001T which at first look would work then you see the "R" and the "T" indicate different pin configurations.

For now I will try the NCS2005SN1T1G and have some on order.

HAL

Hello

Mouser USA has thousands of MCP6001T in stock.
I tried to check Mouser-UK for stock but get redirected to Mouser USA as they know my address.
MCP6001T: Single Op Amp (Tape and Reel) in SC-70, SOT-23 packages.

John Lawton

Quote from: HAL on May 18, 2023, 10:55 PMHello

Mouser USA has thousands of MCP6001T in stock.
I tried to check Mouser-UK for stock but get redirected to Mouser USA as they know my address.
MCP6001T: Single Op Amp (Tape and Reel) in SC-70, SOT-23 packages.
I believe Mouser UK is principally a website, in my experience the parts are held and shipped from the USA.

TimB

I refer you to my note that the "T" and the "R" are the wrong pin layouts

HAL

Hi Tim

Yes I noted that. but in the review of the data sheet and Mouser's part description the indication was that the T suffix meant Tape and Reel.  The data sheet shows R to be reversed power pins and the MCP6001 U to have the input connections on one side and the output on the other. but I do not see a T variant mentioned. Unfortunately it's too late to call Mouser and verify.

the data sheet:  https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/268/MCHP_S_A0009381759_1-2520804.pdf

TimB

HAL

Hi Tim

Happy to help!
It appears that Microchip decided to add a new letter to the part number and keep it a secret from the rest of us.