News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Whats this box for when I compile

Started by TimB, Apr 10, 2023, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

When I compile now I get this blank box.
No idea what its for

Blank box.png

JohnB

its the holder for the Device Picker.  Does this happen every time you compile, I have never seen it appear at compile time.
JohnB

TimB

Yes it happens every time

You can probably make it do the same by adding a $ifdefine that has 2 "device = " statements

John Lawton

I get this box whenever I save a file, but this isn't a new issue.

John L

JohnB

I'll try and tie down the logic better that shows the box.

Shame I hadn't been made aware of it before the last update if its been around for some time.
JohnB

John Lawton

Hi John,
IIRC, I did post about this a long time ago but I had since assumed it was a quirk of my Win 7 installation so I didn't press the issue.

JohnB

I have made a change which I hope should prevent the popup appearing when not wanted.
It means that if you want to change a existing device line you will now have to double click on the existing device name to bring up the picker.  Otherwise everything else should be the same but without the pesky popup.

Link as usual is here

64 bit version only.
JohnB

John Lawton

Lol, I never new there was a device picker..

The phantom box is no no longer present, well done John.

JL

JohnB

If you type Device = NN where NN is the series a dropdown will appear with a list of all supported device in series.  You can further filter by add further characters or just scroll down to the device of your choice. Double click on entry and it will update the page.
JohnB