News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

How does backup work?

Started by TimB, Apr 10, 2023, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

Hi

I turned on back up and it was working. Now when I really need it (lost a file!!!) there are no back up's!

How is it supposed to work? I though if it was enabled then all my compiles would be backed up. But I'm not sure now.

Looking at the backup wizard it seems that every time I add an inc or change the version number I have to go though the back up wizard stuff.

There used to be a backup utility that would back up ALL files without having to think about it again

Tim

JohnB

if you have backup after successful compile enabled on Tools misc then in the Archives tab in the messages section you should see a list of archives which will either have a zip or bak extension
JohnB

TimB

Err OK

It seems I was looking in the wrong folder  :-[

JohnB

You don't need to go looking in folders, you can restore the file or save to new file name all from the Archives folder.
JohnB

Gamboa

John,

In my system something is wrong with the backup.
Win10, 64, IDE 2.0.3.12

The include files are not stored in the backup. The compiler version used that is saved with the backup is also not correct. In the image I attach the backup settings.

Regards,
Gamboa

Long live for you

JohnB

I have fixed a few issues with Backup which came in when I renamed backup files from zip to bak.

You can download from my Dropbox link

Should address the wrong folder issues. 
JohnB

Gamboa

John,

The backup works a little better but it has only backed up one of the two .INC files I have.

Regards,
Gamboa
Long live for you

JohnB

That's really odd, I have backups with 10 include files many nested but it hasn't missed any.
Were the includes open in the IDE when you compiled?  It shouldn't matter but I am trying to think why  one should be picked up but not the other.
JohnB

JohnB

OK - I think I have found the issue - try this one
JohnB

Gamboa

John,

All is OK.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Gamboa
Long live for you