News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Access denied for Sure 2416 LED Matrix download

Started by RGV250, Apr 03, 2023, 08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGV250

Hi,
I tried to download the code from this link (Post 6 https://protoncompiler.com/index.php/topic,507.msg3366.html#msg3366) and could not download it as it asked me to log in to google drive. I have never had this before but only downloaded the compiler updates in the past. Is it just me or is there an issue with the download?

Bob

John Lawton

trastikata

Quote from: RGV250 on Apr 03, 2023, 08:47 AMcould not download it as it asked me to log in to google drive.

Same here.

RGV250

Hi John,
Did you actually try to download any code from the link?

Bob

top204

Google have been messing around with the "Google Drive" permissions, and they have totally screwed up files that have worked for years now!!

I did try to alter all the permissions back to "Shared", as they used to be, but it will not let me, so I am having to create new files and new folders within the drive for them to work. Then go into all the articles and change their links to the new files. How bloody stupid is that??

That is why I will "NEVER" trust cloud based drives controlled by idiots who do not live in the real world, for my important files.

Imagine the reality of it.... A person like "Sheldon" (from the Big Bang TV series) controlling what he thinks is "a good idea". :-) And it has been proven to be like that many, many times over with hacks, cracks, losses, refused access, and dumps when they go bust etc... Yet people still use them for valuable and personal files? I will never understand the "normal? ? ? ? person". LOL

RGV250

Hi Les,
Would you be able to post the code for the matrix display on here? I appreciate you have loads to do so if it is not at hand dont worry.

Bob

top204

I've re-copied the files for that article and updated the links in it here:

Interfacing to a Sure 2416 LED Dot Matrix Display Board

The firmware zip file from the article's page is:

Sure_2416_Display_Code.zip

I've tested the links and they seem to work for that article, but I am going to have to go through all the other articles on my site. :-(

Please remember, it was written in the Amicus18 days, so it is not absolutely up to date, and could be made a lot more efficient with the Positron8 compiler.

I've just noticed, nobody could play my PIC18F SID synth chip emulator audio sample of one of my favourite tunes from the C64 days, (in fact I have always loved that tune since I first heard it back in the mid 1980s on my Commodore 64 computer) so I have altered the links to that artice as well, because I am rather proud of its sound from a single 28-pin device doing everything and written in BASIC:

Simple SID Emulator

with its sample audio from the PIC18F devices PWM peripheral:

Bombjack.wav

RGV250

Thanks Les,
It is for a different matrix display but I think it will give me a much better idea how to do it than I had come up with. I might get one of those displays first so I know that my conversion to the latest compiler will work.

Regards,
Bob