News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Large print on KS0108

Started by TimB, Feb 28, 2023, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

Hi all

Many, many years back I wrote PPrint to enable large chars on a KS0108 based GLCD. I no longer have the source and I would have to convert it to run with the changed compiler.

If I can find the source it might not be much work. But there are other systems like Universal Graphic Library. However I have not see any for the KS0108.

Is there a GLCD driver for the KS0108 that can handle large fonts?

Cheers

Tim

rick.curl

Hi Tim-
I still have copies of several different versions of the PPRINT include files. I'll be happy to zip them up and get them to you if that will be any help.

I've still got a product in production that uses PPRINT.  Thank goodness I have not had to do any updates in the last few years!

-Rick

TimB

Thanks

I thought the files were dropped by Les following posts on the forum, I really should have looked  :-[ . I will look and see about making the changes needed to make it work again on the new compiler.

TimB

Well the fix turned out to be really simple.

I just needed to amend a bit name in the PPRINT_16I_OPT.INC file

Then used this thread https://protoncompiler.com/index.php/topic,636.0/topicseen.html but I have to fix the same font size issue

Now a question can I force the compiler to use the file from my current folder to work from. Its currently in the PDS includes folder and would prefer to have it stand alone

#ifdef NVMCON1
    Clrf NVMCON1
    Bsf NVMCON1,0          ; Setup for read from code memory  <<<<<< Changed the bit number to 0 as the bit name was not recognised
#else
    clrf EECON1
    Bsf EECON1,PP_EEPGD             ; Setup for read from code memory
#endif

John Lawton

Put in the full file path in your include statement, or rename the file?

TimB

Quote from: John Lawton on Mar 01, 2023, 09:58 AMPut in the full file path in your include statement, or rename the file?

The files used are loaded by the compiler on you using Declare GLCD_EXTERNAL_PRINT = PPRINT 

I will play around seeing if I can force it to use the file in the main folder.

Thanks for the help

Tim

SeanG_65

Years ago, there was a fantastic program call BetaBasic for the ZX Spectrum, it has a CSize command which set, we'll take a guess.

You could also Print, X, Y, size;text etc.

Could we have something like that please, please, please 🙏?

PROCEDURE OFF

100 DEF PROC off
CLS
BORDER 7
ALTER TO PAPER 0
PAUSE 70
ALTER TO PAPER 7
PRINT #1;"© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd"
PAUSE 150
PRINT CSIZE 16;"JUST A JOKE!"
BEEP 1,-35
END PROC