News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

SD Card, Big card does not work

Started by Amateurtje, Feb 04, 2023, 12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amateurtje

Hello all,

I have here an older script for writing to an SD card. It is based on the file "GPSenSD_Lib.pbp". I think I downloaded this a long time ago. I can not find any other example anymore. The good news is that the script works,. The bad news is that I can not get it to work at a big (128 gig) sd card. My old 32M card works. I even partioned the big SD card as a small 32M card with FAT but it just does not detect the DATA.TXT file which is on the card..He seems to detect the card...

Can anybody help me? These small cards are not easy to buy anymore (and are not of this time)

The size is recognised, so the card is recognised but just the File is not..I also tried a lot of different clustersizes for FAT, FAT32,NTFS and exFAT.

test.zip

trastikata

If I remember correctly that library didn't support anything else than native FAT16 or multi-partition, thus any card bigger than 2GB won't work.

Amateurtje

thanks for the answer. this would be probably enough if they would be buy-able.....anybody another script for sd cards maybe?

RGV250

Hi,
You have not said what device, as far as I am aware the examples for Proton24 uses Fat32.

Bob

Amateurtje

RGV250

Amateurtje

Hi,

I am in The Netherlands. I will try to shop in my village this weekend for a card, but I am doubtfull.. Otherwise indeed, I have to scavage the internet...

But I am aa bit surprised that nobody (untill now) is working with an SD card.... Are you all using other storage ideas which i did not think of?  ;D 

RGV250

Hi,
Is it mot possible to change the device to try PIC24?, might be easier than finding a reliable 2gb card.

Bob

Amateurtje

I already made my pcb already and untill now, all my projects are with that pic... there is probable no drop-in solution i can try...

RGV250

The other thought is to have a look at FileSys24.inc in the includes folder as that has FAT16/32 and see if you can modify the SD card INC file for your needs?

Bob

Amateurtje

I am doubtfull if I am good enough in this. I really do not know anything about writing to disks etc. Anyway, can you point me to where I can download this example and I will give it a try?

RGV250

Hi,
on Win10 it is in C:\users\YourName\PDS\includes\FileSys.inc

Bob

Amateurtje

Amateurtje

in the meantime I found an old micro SD card so I used the old script for now.. If anybody has already made the FileSys24.inc script working for a 8 bit pic, please do not hold back to share it with us (me  ;D )

John Lawton

Quote from: RGV250 on Feb 04, 2023, 08:57 AMHi,
on Win10 it is in C:\users\YourName\PDS\includes\FileSys.inc

Bob
In my case with Windows 7, the path is similarly: C:\Users\John\PDS\Includes

Amateurtje

The path and the files are easily to find.. I did not know/remember they were there (although it looked familiair.. Getting older.. :)  :) ) So also on windows 11, it is on the same location  ;D  ;D

John Lawton

I keep a shortcut to that folder on my desktop as I can never remember it either :)