News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Peripheral Pin Select Wizard

Started by JohnB, Feb 02, 2023, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonW

What a great program, extremely helpful!

Craig

It Looks Really Excellent John! Thank you it will be very Helpful indeed.
Regards
Craig

Dompie

Pepe

JohnB

There will be bugs with it as I have had limited scope for testing on Devices.
I will be updating it tomorrow as I have spotted a couple of issues already.
JohnB

HAL

Hi john
It is a very impressive program to be sure!
Considering the scope of the project, a couple of issues is hardly worth mentioning.
Thus far I have not tried any PPS processors.  Your work may provide the "courage" to try.
Thanks for your efforts! 
Best regards
HAL

JohnB

Here is a new version, tidied up a few errors. 
There will be some 8 bit PICS which won't work with this app as typically with Mchip they keep changing their minds on how PPS registers are referenced.  I am still delving through the XML files which come with MPLABX so I hope I will be able to increase the range.  The 16 bit PICs are a whole new ball game which I have only just started out on.

Here is the link to the updated App.
JohnB

John Lawton

Thanks John, the previous version gave me lots of access violation messages but this seems fine.

Having a quick play, I noticed with the 18F25K40 and similar devices that the SOIC28 device doesn't have the correct package outline, it's more like the TQFP one rather than the PDIP.

There may be many more like this, but just pointing out one problem I noticed.

I think it would be nice to add a version number to the executable, perhaps accessed via the '?' button.

This is shaping up to be a great tool as PPS always seems to be a confusing thing to use.

John L

pjdenyer

Hi John,

It's Friday, so here's the silly question, what folder am i brousing for in the devices and divices16bit locations, I thought it would be the Def folder, but I see no devices in my dropdoen menu.

JohnB

@pjdenyer See the Readme.txt  You need to copy the devices and devices16 folders to a folder on your PC and then point the app to the folders in Settings.  Your choice as to where you place them.

@John Lawton have refined my layout mapping a bit better.  Download revised version from here

I'm using 'PDIP|SPDIP|SOIC|SSOP|MSOP' as DIL format, all others will be assumed to be QFN format.
JohnB

pjdenyer

Well it goes to show, some days I can't see what's in front on me.
Got it John. Thanks

top204

That is an excellent program John, and many, many thanks.

JohnB

The real proof is whether I am generating the correct code!
JohnB

Pepe

Could upload the verdion for windows 32 bits

top204

The PPS is relatively straightforward, until it comes to setting up the SPI peripheral, then it can get a bit more complex for some reason. Microchip have changed the way PPS works over the years, so there are some differences.

What you can do is use the, dreadful MPLABX, and setup a device to use certain pins for certain peripherals, then see if your generator loads the same SFRs with the same values for the pins.

JohnB

@Pepe I have added a 32 version of the PPS Wizard.  Use the same link and choose the version you need.
JohnB

Pepe

Thank you very much JohnB, the program runs but the help window disappears after a second.

JohnB

Hold the mouse down to keep the help visible.
Don't really need help as the prompts on the bottom say it all.

Warning - I am not handling bi-direction PPS at present.  I'm working on that at the moment and hope to have a new version out in a couple of days.
JohnB

JohnB

I have updated the PPS Wizard - It now handles bidirectional pins.
If a pin is bi-directional it will automatically be show bi-directional

Also added version number - see bottom panel of Help pop up, Current Version is 0.0.1.0
Direction pin can now be set by clicking on the direction icon.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f29n5dsfyl3mvf0/AAA6XW8z9NLKGGXgg5MInEbKa?dl=0
JohnB

JohnB

I have updated the PPS Wizard:
Now supports bit 8 and 16 bit devices
Sorts a number of issues discovered with remapped pin names.

Download it from my Dropbox link
JohnB