I wish to upgrade my 4.0.0.9 and 16-bit compilers

Started by jmarkwolf, Nov 29, 2022, 12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmarkwolf

Can someone refresh my memory as to method, and cost for doing so?

Is Ebay still an option for purchase?

Mark

HAL

Hi Mark

I believe the latest issue of Positron is Version 4.0.2.6.  Les has just moved to a new home and it may be a little while for him to get up and running at his new location.  There is an Ebay location for the Positron basic compiler but I do not see it at present.  The price has been L39.95 which is the best deal I have seen in a long, long time.  I would recommend checking in a week or two.  There are also updates posted for the compilers on this forum.  If you are having any problems there are many very proficient, knowledgeable people on this forum who are happy to help you.

Best regards
Hal

Stephen Moss

I though 4.0.0.9 sounded familiar and looking back at my archive it is the first version of Positron I have which is registered specifically to me & dongle free.
So it is likely that your version of 4.0.0.9 is also Positron using the current registration format (check assemble listing to see if it includes "compiler version for" and your name) in which case although you could purchase another copy just to be sure I believe that you should be able to just install the latest version over the top as I don't think there has been a new Upgrade out yet only free correction updates (I am currently on 4.0.3.0).

RGV250

Hi Mark,
There were 2 versions of Positron upgrades, an upgrade where it required the Proton dongle or a fresh install of Positron which did not require the dongle and could be installed on any machine you own. Your name is embedded in the compiler.
I do not think there is a difference for the update files, the latest update is found here  https://protoncompiler.com/index.php/topic,1365.0.html

Bob

John Lawton

Gamboa

Long live for you

John Lawton

However the link on that page is to a discontinued Ebay sale, I posted a current link in my earlier post.

HAL

Hi John

I had checked the Positron Ebay link that I had used for my last purchase and saw it was discontinued. I figured someone would have a current link for Mark.   Thanks for posting it. 

Best regards
Hal