News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Will not be online for a while

Started by top204, Nov 09, 2022, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

Hello all.

I will not be online for a while because we are moving house tomorrow. I have contacted a new broadband provider for the new address, but it normally takes a while.

I am absolutely terrified. :-) It has triggered my anxiety a lot, and if it was not for my lovely wife, I would have passed out a few times over the past few days because of it. Anxiety is a very bad thing to have, espessially when I was such a relaxed, care free, person before the injury. :-(

I will miss my friends so much, but I hae to correct my misatake for my Rachel, because my "so called" family are a waste of skin.!!!

MY dearest friend has installed whatsapp on my phone so we can have chats, and hopefully, not miss each other as much, until he comes down for a stay with us. A friendship after 40 years is a true friendship. :-)

John Lawton

Hi Les,

may I wish you a successful move. Five years ago we moved from a city into a rural location and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. My only regret is that we didn't move years before.

John

P.S. Regarding keeping online while you wait for broadband, if you have a mobile phone, set it up as a WiFi hotspot. Then you can connect to the hotspot and hence the 'net using a laptop.

charliecoutas

I hope the move goes well Les. And don't forget, there is a VIP visit waiting for you at the National Museum of Computing, Bletchley Park when you are ready. Love and best wishes.

Charlie

John Drew

I wish you well with the shift Les,
It takes time to settle in so don't rush it.
You and your wife come first.
We'll be here and the team will do their job.
All the best to you both.
John

joesaliba

Good luck for your new home Les.

Joe

basiclover

take it easy Les, I wish you a good move

pjdenyer

Wishing you and you wife a good move.

See_Mos

Wishing you a smooth move Les and we are already looking forward to your return.

Moving home can be very stressful and bloody solicitors don't help.

keytapper

@top204,
There could be the chance to be connected to Internet as long as your smartphone has a data connection, which seems to be available because it uses WhatsApp.
So just make a hotspot from the smartphone and use your PC. Of course,  time permitting.
Ignorance comes with a cost

Ivano

Les,
one last effort and then you can relax in your new home and indulge in your hobbies in peace. Best wishes for the move.

magic_gun

i hope everything goes well 4 ur  new home,ofc family n health should come first.best wishes with love n respect from Turkiye

m.han ( old Atarian  n  8bit guy )

Frizie

Take your time Les and don't come back until you are ready  ;)
We'll get by here together until you get back  :)
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

JonW

Good luck with the move.  Keep imagining how much better it is going to be for you both once you get settled in.

Take care Les

Oskar-svr

good luck friend that everything turns out luxurious

HAL

I can only echo what everyone else has said.  Please don't let the move stress you.  And know that you have many friends around the globe who are in your corner and are rooting for you!