News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

ICs - pay the postage only

Started by EvanVenn, Feb 18, 2021, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanVenn

Lots and lots of ICs.  See the photo, there are more in the lid.

WIN_20210218_13_26_43_Pro.jpg

Just pay the postage and you get a lot of ICs.

Evan

top204

Ahhhh. The wonderful 74 series TTL chips. :-)

I still remember self learning logic on our dining room table when I was a young-un, and Dad looking on and asking what it was doing, because he was a Valve (Tube) electronics enthusiast. I couldn't afford a lot of them, so I started with the good old 7400, then saved up for shift registers and BCD to 7-segment converters for the, lovely, filament numitron displays, because I couldn't afford the seven segment LED displays at the time. :-)

I then progressed to some of the wonderful, almost magical, CMOS 40 series devices, and the 4017 amazed me at the time.

I made some complex circuits using the 7400 TTL devices, but the power they consumed was incredibly high.

keytapper

I got used Eprom (UV erasable) and never used of static RAM 6164 (10 pieces). But I doubt there will be someone to pay the shipment.
Ignorance comes with a cost

top204

I still remember making an EPROM programmer for my Atari 800 machine, so I could add a new operating system ROM to it that had some alterations I did to speed up the disk drive and make standard dot-matrix printers letter quality by default. I had to built it so it programmed the 21V EPROMs and the 12V EPROMs that where then available. I had to borrow a friend's UV eraser when I had run out of empty EPROMS to program, so I built an SRAM EPROM emulator with a backup battery to keep it non-volatile. Then when things worked as they should, I would burn it on an EPROM and give it to the lads in the computer club for the price of the EPROM alone. I've never had a business oriented mind, unfortunately.

Good times, when everything was an adventure ready to be learned by experimentation and self teaching.

Gods

"RS" IC's brand = "Radiospares" ??

EvanVenn

ranox

Memories..  :)

I also have some of these 74..series devices, with date code 74 ..
- certainly was confusing !
- have only kept the 74LS..series JIC

Those UV EROMs were amazing devices
- the visible silicon area with gold bond wires are great to see (under microscope now)