Main Menu

Matrix 8x8 proteus simulation

Started by Pepe, Aug 28, 2022, 01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepe

Text scrolling

joesaliba

Hi Pepe,

That's great. I always wondered how difficult is to make a library for the MAX7219 like the ones here.

Pepe

proteus simulation with my library max7219

top204

Pepe. Will you be uploading your compilable firmware to the forum?

A hex file is OK for seeing something working within a simulator, but it does not have an actual practical purpose for the users. :-)

Pepe

If someone is interested, I have no problems uploading it, but it is under development, it only prints a text, it still does not have any scroll effect. I also think that someone with more knowledge could optimize it. Also, I don't know why a variable within a procedure has to have more than one character as a name, otherwise it gives an error when it is compiled.

Oskar-svr

hello PEPE friend could you upload the files thank you very much for your contribution greetings

top204

QuoteAlso, I don't know why a variable within a procedure has to have more than one character as a name, otherwise it gives an error when it is compiled

That is a requirement because of the way I had to design the procedure mechanism in the once flat language, and combine the procedure name to the local variable or parameter name. Global single character variable names get an underscore added to them by the compiler, and this mechanism is embedded into the parser, so I did not want to totally alter the compiler's tried and tested code. So a parameter or a local variable cannot have a single character as a variable or Symbol name. Single character names, in my opinion, serve little purpose anyway, and it just makes variable names obscure. Variable and symbol names should always have a meaning of some sort to them, so that it makes code easier to scan and read and understand.

See page 38 of the compiler's manual:

Quote"The parameter name must consist of more than one character."

And page 41:

Quote"Note that a local variable's name must consist of more than 1 character."

Both pages are in the "Proc-EndProc" section of the manual, and in the "parameters" and "local variables" paragraphs within it.

Pepe

Here is my contribution so that others can optimize it

Pepe

I'm developing another library for 90-degree rotated displays

Pepe

Another demo

Pepe

Here is the library for the Max 7219, I hope it will be useful.

Mapo

joesaliba

Rizwan s shaikh

Oskar-svr

thank you very much pepe very good

Maxi

hello, have any body work with just "one" 8x8 max7219 display?
no scrolling etc, but 16F series pic?

8x8_2.jpg

8x8_1.jpg 

Pepe

Simulation in isis with pic 16f876

Pepe

Simulation in isis with pic 16f876 and library Max 7219, I hope it is useful for those who need it

John Lawton

Maxi,

where did you get the display?

John

Maxi

Quote from: John Lawton on Nov 21, 2022, 11:36 AMMaxi,

where did you get the display?

John

many time ago from aliexpress