News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Strange new behaviour when compiling.

Started by david, Aug 20, 2022, 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

Hi All,
I was just making some changes in software for an old project for a friend - an N gauge railway turntable drive, and instead of the usual quick compile and report it came up with a box saying Folder Search, Searching for compiler.   It then quickly scanned through all the files in my drive and did stop on PDS but no indication it compiled and no report of code or variables used.     
When I click on HELP on the page it indicates Proton IDE version 2.0.3.3 but also says Proton Compiler Is Not Installed.  This is the old Proton with the security dongle which has been on this same machine for about 9 years and never given any issues.
What have I done and what should I be looking for?

Cheers,
David

david

Panic over (I think).  I found the original installer in my downloads files and re-installed it.  It curiously installed in about 2 seconds flat so I suspect it was still there but possibly had a corrupt name or something.  Will do a full check in the morning but at least it's now reporting a missing dongle and when inserted it reports compiler errors so very encouraging.

David

keytapper

I noticed that
 https://protoncompiler.com/index.php/topic,1182.msg9025.html#msg9025
I was doing a mess with updates, I was using a different executable for the compiling.
Ignorance comes with a cost

david

Yep - that looks familiar.
I'm all sorted now and back to my trusty old platform.  I wasn't doing anything like updates, muck-outs etc - just using it one week and gone funny the next.
It's an old laptop running Windows 10 but it is getting fairly full and slow. 

Cheers,
David