News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

VSM Question

Started by TimB, Jul 29, 2022, 11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

Hi

I'm asking here before getting on the backs of Labcenter.

In a sim the local variables are not being listed. Either the info is not making it into the Coff file or the VSM is ignoring it. Before I ask on the labcenter forum I thought I better check here.

BTW I thought they would show up like say
Proc EndofTestFlowCalc()
Dim fTemp1 as float

Produces
EndofTestFlowCalcfTemp1 equ 0X226
EndofTestFlowCalcfTemp1H equ 0X227
EndofTestFlowCalcfTemp1HH equ 0X228
EndofTestFlowCalcfTemp1HHH equ 0X229

Thanks

Tim

keytapper

There are options which several variables are ignored on the simulator. I tried to patch the flaw just to add them manually on the watching window.

I wish I would find the way to insert the positron compiler on the list of the VSM compilers. Just similar to the PICAXE, it wouldn't take much efforts.
Ignorance comes with a cost

top204

The variables: "EndofTestFlowCalcfTemp1" etc, are the actual variable names that the simulator sees. A local variable is the name of the variable attached to the name of the procedure.

The COF and the proteus .bas simulator still operate as a flat language, so the variables are not windowed.

To see the variable names passed to the simulator for the .bas simulation, take a look at the beginning of the .lst file produced after a compile, because this is what the simulator and the COF creator read.

TimB

The issue seems to be the COFF file. It would not display .inc files without moding a config file and you need to add DT_FLOAT=MICROCHIP_BIGENDIAN to the pic "other_properties" to get it to see floats.

Its solved by just using the bas file for the sim

Really the current version of the Lab Center sim (8.14) is buggy. The watch window forgets the variables you put in it, search in variables is not partial or non case sensitive despite any setting you may select.

Tim

top204

You are right Tim. The 8.14 versions of Proteus are truly dreadful and are riddled with anomalies!

With the new 18FxxK40 devices in them, they do not now recognise the .bas simulation and even when running a hex file on them, they fail to run it correctly, and some of the newer graphic LCDs actually crash the whole Proteus program when they are initialised. That is only two of the many, many anomalies in such an over-expensive program.

One thing that got me initially was the source code window... It now looks dreadful and when placing a break point, it actually places the break after the line that it should do. That was before I noticed the many other anomalies. It just goes to show that "name" is used more than "reputation" these days because the sheep go for a name and assume it must be good. That's the modern day goons for you, where "anything goes" because people think we are good! Just look at all the companies that are absolutely dreadful and run by the scum of the planet, but are successful.