News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Available PIC to drive ST7735

Started by RayEllam, Jul 19, 2022, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayEllam

Hi All,
Im tearing my hair out at the moment trying to find an "IN STOCK" PIC18F that is supported by the compiler that can drive an ST7735 128x160 display with a reasonable up date rate. Im feeding in RS485 data from a BMS unit connected to LIFEPO4 cells. Just wondering if any one knows of a global supplier that has stock of a suitable PIC? Im looking but several hours later im still pulling my hair out :-(

John Lawton

https://www.findchips.com/search/PIC18F26K22

But try Findchips for other devices, they've saved me many a time!

RayEllam

Thanks John ill give that a try. Eyes are tired, brain is fried, ill check it out in the morning :-)

John Lawton

I forgot to suggest Ebay, they saved me recently with some 18F45K40's

trastikata

What pin-out and quantities are you looking for?

- PDIP versions are available on most on-line shops.

- QFP or SOP -like - some shops still have it.

- QFN is pretty much sold out everywhere.

charliecoutas

I just got 10 x 18FLF46K22 straight from Microchip (in UK). About three working days delivery.

Yasin

Hello everyone. What I'm about to say has nothing to do with the topic. I just wanted to share my opinion.
The thread title is "ST7735", which we all read. It gives the impression of a topic about LCD with ST7735 driver. But the subject content has completely irrelevant content. I think the topic title and content should be consistent. The time of someone searching the forum in the future should not be wasted. It is very important to use the time well. When people cannot find what they are looking for, the same topics are constantly being opened. Over time, the forum's database fills up with unnecessary heaps. It wouldn't hurt to be a little more careful when opening a topic and replying, on the contrary, it would be very beneficial.

Best regards.
Yasin

RayEllam

OK so the title was a little vague BUT relevant and that's why i posted in the lounge, a place where people toss ideas around and chill. My point, i could NOT find ANY PIC's available in my part of the world so i posted this "vague" question regarding needing a fast (ish) PIC that will drive an ST7735 display at a reasonable refresh rate and i was hoping someone out there had just gone through a similar hair pulling experience of sourcing suitable PIC......... And guess what, John Lawton replied, understood my dilemma and helped fix my problem. Given the link he sent i found a supply of 24K40 for my display project and a supply of 12F1571 (both supported by Positron) for other small projects....................So in my humble opinion the post WORKED 100%.

Thanks to all that helped, i owe you a "cold one" :-)

RGV250

Hi,
I have seen it before in other posts and hadn't really given it any thought until Yasin mentioned it. It is probably not possible but perhaps it could be that the owner of the thread can edit the title without a time limit or moderators could. Perhaps this could have been renamed "Device to drive ST7735"?

I think it happened more on the old forum but threads got hijacked or got filled with banter that just took it off topic. While this can be OK at the time perhaps the owner should be able to tidy up his/her thread if they so desire.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
Bob

RayEllam

Are we all happy now :-)

John Lawton

And low and behold the thread title has changed. I guess one of the moderators did it :)