News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Came back after some years - DTMF and RGB LED.

Started by wirecut, Jun 08, 2022, 03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wirecut

Dear friends well re-found

and since 1992  starting to use PICbasic. I have been using PICs alternating automation projects with Windows PCs using the THEREMINO system (PIC 24).

For several years I have not used the ProtonBasic anymore and I see that many things have changed.

I had purchased two licenses with two USB sticks, one for the home laboratory and one for the office, so that he could also work remotely.
Now I think of using the new Positron (thanks Les) for a project to drive RGB LEDs using only one input pin and maybe recognize the DTMF tones and then PWM drive the three RGB LEDs.

In this way I save precious pins of the PIC24F1J64GB002D used in the MASTER of the THEREMINO system.
I think I remember a bit how to do it, and I ask you which PIC should I use, which is widespread and cheap?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Ciao

Leo
Leo.
Luck does not exist: there is a moment when talent meets opportunity. SENECA

joesaliba

Welcome back Leo,

Why don't you use the WS2812 LED and send serial com to change colour and brightness?

Library can be found here.

Regards

Joe

charliecoutas

Hiya Wirecut, it's been a long time. Welcome back.

I have used 24HJ128GP502 quite a lot with good results. I mainly use 18F26K22 these days, I just ordered 10 from Microchip and they arrived a few days later. I'm sure you'll get some more feedback from the forum.

Best regards
Charlie

keytapper

For the DTMF decoder I still striving to get a workable solution. I was trying with some C program translation and assembly as well. So I had a bit of other traffic and I momentarily drop the testing.
One of those translation includes the Roman Black method.
Ignorance comes with a cost

shantanu@india

Hi Leo welcome back.
Since you are thinking of DTMF control distances involved are obviously great.
Are you planning to have PIC's at both ends? Then maybe you can use CM8870 at both ends for encoding/decoding. These chaps are reliable.
Regards
Shantanu