News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Many thanks to Joe Farr and Max the Magnificent

Started by top204, May 13, 2022, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

As the title states: "Many thanks to Joe Farr and Max the Magnificent"

Joe put Max onto the Positron compilers and he has written a lovely little section in this month's "Practical Electronics" magazine about me and it. :-)

I love the little section that Max wrote:

QuoteLes also told me how his dear old dad started telling him about electronics "from when I was able to walk and talk."
As a result, Les could name the parts in a television set when he was 3-years old, and he was making radios and amplifiers and such like by the time he was 7-years old.

So true, and I have so much to thank my lovely dad for. I just wish he had not passed away so early. I was only 22 and he was only 52 and he was both my dad and my best friend, and we had so much in common. Including looks and name, and the same lop sided smile on the right cheek, as well as our love for electronics and anything technical. :-) By "lop sided" I mean that when I smile, my right cheek rises a lot more than my left cheek, just like my dad's did and my grandad Johnson's did. :-)

It's so nice to have some recognition, instead of being "the person in the background" making money and reputation for someone else, as I did for so many years with (I can't even bring myself to put the name here). Stupid me, but sometimes you do not realise what is happening until something else happens in life to make you look back at it.

So again.... Many, many thanks Joe and Max. I read Max's book "Bebop to the Boolean Boogie" many years ago, and was staggered at his approach to life and enthusiasm, and envied him for his "get up and go" attitude to life and just wished I had the same attitude to life, instead of always being the "person in the background".