News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Update

Started by gevv, Apr 27, 2022, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gevv

Hi,

Forum moved to new address and server, upgrade forum software  protoncompilers.com  protoncompiler.com

New My Bookmarks system installed. The old system is problematic, I modified it and brought it to these days, but there is no need anymore because there is better.

The old system will remain active for 1 month for you to take a backup.  You can save the My Bookmarks page and add topics to the new system later.

my-bookmarks.png

Added topic solved feature to some board. Solved issues can be found more easily.

solved.png

Added colored message boxes for visual highlighting on posts

color.png

John Drew

Thanks gevv, you're a champion.
John

RGV250

Hi,
I do like the idea of bookmarks, I did not know they existed in the old forum.

Bob

gevv

Quote from: John Drew on Apr 28, 2022, 10:43 AMThanks gevv, you're a champion.
John

The real champion is you and the other helpful proton community users

I just solved a technical problem and speeded up the work :)

trastikata

gevv, is the back-up available for download? I'd like to have it for off-line browsing when I am off the grid.

joesaliba

Gevv,

Can you add another `Unread posts' at the bottom of each page please?

Regards

Joe

gevv

I don't understand, give an example screenshot

gevv

Quote from: trastikata on Apr 28, 2022, 03:20 PMgevv, is the back-up available for download? I'd like to have it for off-line browsing when I am off the grid.

Teleport Pro or Winhttrack

keytapper

Ehm, missing unread posts at the thread bottom, so nice feature.
Ignorance comes with a cost

gevv

like in the image?

joesaliba

Quote from: gevv on Apr 29, 2022, 05:18 PMlike in the image?

Yes that what I was referring to. If it can be at the right hand side is better as it was in the other site.

Regards

Joe

gevv

Hello,

They made a design change in the new version (as mobile has display issue)

I reedited. It's like before

joesaliba

Quote from: gevv on Apr 30, 2022, 09:00 AMHello,

They made a design change in the new version (as mobile has display issue)

I reedited. It's like before

That is super Gevv,

Thank you

Joe

keytapper

Quote from: gevv on Apr 30, 2022, 09:00 AM(as mobile has display issue)
I rather dislike the mobile viewing. It's not because of the design, but my preference is on viewing on a rather wider screen.
Quote from: gevv on Apr 30, 2022, 09:00 AMI reedited. It's like before
My thanks for that, well appreciated.

I'd like to ask for a preview which consider to leave space at the left hand side for the added avatar. So the preview will reflect the final publishing.

John Drew

@keytapper, I don't want loss of reading space on the left of the screen. Old eyes and not a giant screen on my phone would make that hard for me.
John

keytapper

Quote from: John Drew on May 02, 2022, 01:38 PMI don't want loss of reading space on the left of the screen
I hope there would be a misunderstanding.
I meant that the preview should reflect the final result including the space which is added after a completed post.
John, so if you're able to read this post, I'd like to see it in such shape prior I submit the post, when I ask for the preview. Nothing will reduced.
Currently the preview starts to the most left hand side, excluding the space that will be taken by the avatar when a message is posted.

The case of such preview would not be applied for mobile reading.

atomix

How to edit my posts now?

Usually I correct the first post of my topic to attach an updated file or update the text.

Now this is not possible on the forum by pressing the "More..." button there is no more editing actions.

top204

The forum now has a time limit for editing posts after they are written and saved to the forum.

Too many posts were being altered after they were created, and because they are "modified" posts, they do not appear in the "new posts" section of the forum, so people did not know that there was new information in them.

atomix

I really ask you to leave the possibility of editing messages for the creator of the topic.

Otherwise, the size of attached files will be excessively increased and it will be impossible to update information in one place, otherwise users will have to look for information in parts on all pages of the topic.

On most forums on the Internet - editing the creator of the topic first message is the standard.

John Lawton

I agree, despite the preview facility, I find errors creep in and are only noticed after posting... so even if time limited, the ability to edit posts is very desirable.