News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

I can't compile.

Started by GERARD, Mar 03, 2022, 10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GERARD

Hello,
I changed my Mac, installed Parallels Desktop which installed Windows 11.
I installed my Proton+ CD but the key is not recognized, I can't compile.

IDE version: 2.0.0.7

Loader version: 3.5.0.6
Compile version 3.5.0.6

Should I download another version and which one?
Thanks for your help.
I am the happy grandpa of twins

See_Mos

Proton is obsolete, you should upgrade to Positron which does not need the dongle.  It is not expensive and helps support Les and compiler development.

Alternatively, if you look in the downloads area of the forum there is a 64 bit key driver that you could try.

John Lawton

Yes, definitely ditch the USB key. I could never get the old dongle to work using VirtualBox or Wine so always had to run Proton on a Windows machine.

You can run the Positron compiler in Parallels/Windows on a Mac or in a virtual machine and I assume under Wine although I haven't tested that.

GERARD

Hello,
What is the difference between Proton and Positron?
Where can I buy Positron?

Dompie

Edit: top204 the creator  of the compilers has a right link in the next message.

Johan

top204

The Proton to Positron upgrade still requires the USB key. It is the full Positron compilers that no longer need it.

I will be removing the Proton to Positron upgrade soon, because it is no longer valid and will cause problems down the line, as the compiler's evolve more.

See this link: How to purchase the Positron Compilers

QuoteWhat is the difference between Proton and Positron?

The Positron compilers are the Proton compilers, but have had many extras added to them and no longer require the silly USB key, and never will. They can still operate the same as Proton, but the extra features and devices give a new life to them. A name change was made to the compilers to remove myself entirely from "that" company. They also have updated manuals.

GERARD

Hello,
I have one more question, is Positron compatible with XP, Windows7 and Windows 11?

Teo

GERARD

Hello,
Another good news.
I will buy it next month.