News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

ESP8266 and ESP32 module with proton?

Started by RayEllam, Apr 06, 2021, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lawton

Hi Gamboa,

well maybe speculation but makes sense though. I for one would be interested in a good Basic for ARM because of the variety of hardware available and because I don't know 'C'.

John

Gamboa

John,

The same happens to me. There are things that could be done with a SoC (ARM + wifi, ARM + Lora, ARM + Bluetooth, etc) all integrated and we have to do it with several chips making the hardware more expensive. When I need a more powerful microcontroller I have gone to the PIC24.

Regards,
Gamboa
Long live for you

JonW

Quote from: top204 on Dec 13, 2021, 10:13 AMUnfortunately, John is perfectly correct. In order to create a, competent, compiler for the ARM devices, it would require many, many hours of work with zero payment, and I do not have the resources for that. Heck, we struggle now. :-)

This is where crowd funding comes in Les.  You get the required investment up front and then develop the product once you have reached your target. I have mentioned Basic for Arm before and am sure it would really boost sales, you can then use a percentage of the funding for advertising and website creation etc.. I agree  the M0 and M3 from ST are the likely candidates IMHO. 

J

Craig

I am sure a ARM Compiler would do very well as there are so many New items built around them.
Craig