News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Problems getting to make new stuff work!!

Started by Mike, Sep 16, 2021, 07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Hi All.
Well I've been away from Proton for quite a while, due mainly to crap health getting old!!
In order to keep the grey cells from disintigrating too much I thought that I would get back into things a few weeks ago and what a shock I had when I went to go to the old forum. Anyway after a message to Les I heard both sides of the story that you are all so familiar with and I know which one I beleive. I've using Proton since its virtual inception. I still have the old L.E.T. Pasic Compiler manual and a CD!! Well that goes back a bit.

Congrats to John Barrat for the new IDE I really like it but I am having a couple of issues.
The problem is with fuse settings. As you can see in the attached files, the first problem (exception error), happens as I am changing settings. If I click OK, I can insert the setting into Positron Studio but when I try to compile I get the second screenshot error.

Thanks for any help>
Mike

JohnB

I'll take a look, could you send me a copy of your source please to support@PositronStudio.co.uk
JohnB

See_Mos

I copied the code from the screenshot and it compiled OK with the original IDE and in Studio 2.0.2 build 7 and 11 under Windows 7.

Declare Reminders Off
Device = 16F876
Config FOSC_XT, WDTE_OFF, PWRTE_ON, CP_OFF, BOREN_ON, LVP_OFF, CPD_OFF, WRT_ON, DEBUG_OFF

Declare Reminders On
    Xtal = 4
    All_Digital True

TRISA = %00010000
    TRISB = %00001111

Symbol LEDK = PORTB.2
    High LEDK
    DelayMS 2000
Start:
    Low LEDK
    DelayMS 500
    High LEDK
    DelayMS 500
    GoTo Start
End

JohnB

I can replicate it here.  I'll take a closer look tomorrow
JohnB

Mike

Hi guys thanks for the replies.
I had a go today with the old compiler and got the attached screeen shot.
I'm running Win10.

John. Sent a copy of the source code as requested.Screenshot 2021-09-18 151203.png
Mike

Giuseppe

Try removing that declare on line 10
The pic configuration fuses are also missing

Mike

Hi All
I recently reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch and went back to Positron Studio.
I went into Fuses for a 16F876A, to see if it was OK and got the error message again. Damn.
As I was moving around the window I suddenly realised that the message only appeared when the mouse went into blank space. i.e. outside of the fuse configuration box.

Hopefully somebody may be able to re-create this error.
Not really a problem for me anymore as long as I remember to stay 'in the box'.

Thanks again for any help.

Mike

John Lawton

As See_Mos said, it should compile correctly if you include the fuses in your code.

Config FOSC_XT, WDTE_OFF, PWRTE_ON, CP_OFF, BOREN_ON, LVP_OFF, CPD_OFF, WRT_ON, DEBUG_OFF
Positron Studio crashing is another issue.

John

Stephen Moss

I just tried...
Device = 16F876
Xtal = 4

TRISA = $10
TRISB = $0F

Symbol LedK = PORTB.2   'Pin
High LedK
DelayMS 2000

Start:
 Low LedK
 DelayMS 500
 High LedK
 DelayMS 500

GoTo Start

End
And it compiled OK in the original Mechanique IDE on a second attempt (complained it could not create the output file initially) and in Positron Studio with compiler version 4.0.0.9.
What version of the Compiler are you using?

If you are still having problems with the fuses try using the fuse configurator, go into its settings and set the output to Assembler as Microchip sometimes change there fuse names so a mismatch can occur between the Fuse names used in the PPI files and those in the datasheet/used by the Fuse configurator. If that is the problem using the Assembler output will normally sort it out.

JohnB

I have resolved the Access Violation when clicking on the empty space beneath the Fuse Configurator grid.  It will be  in the next release 2.0.2.11 together with a few other goodies.
JohnB

Mike

Hi All
Thanks for the tips and help.
Since reinstalling Win10 everything seems to be working OK now. Good old M$.
Of course John has found, and will ultimately, fix the other problem.

Just a quick question/request for John.
Will it be possible to have a Print Preview sometime in the future as in the old IDE?

Thanks again

Mike