News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Positron Studio 2.0.2.2 Update

Started by JohnB, Apr 10, 2021, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trastikata

Quote from: joesaliba on Apr 30, 2021, 05:51 AMYou should be able to. Got o Tools > Configure Programmers, and add a new programmer.

That much I can figure out, have you actually tried it? I am talking about the specifics.

Gamboa

Trastikata,

I have tested it for part PIC18F46J50. The operation is correct.

The PICkit3 no volts supply parameters:
-P$target-device$ -F$long-hex-filename$ -E -M -B -L -Y

The PICkit3 3.3 volt supply parameters:
-P$target-device$ -F$long-hex-filename$ -E -M -B -L -Y -V3.3

The PICkit3 5 volt supply parameters:
-P$target-device$ -F$long-hex-filename$ -E -M -B -L -Y -V5.0

Screenshots are attached 

Regards
Gamboa
Long live for you

trastikata

Quote from: Gamboa on Apr 30, 2021, 08:12 AMI have tested it for part PIC18F46J50. The operation is correct.

Gamboa,

thank you for the parameters list and the name of the exe file.

However something's not working on my machine. I run Positron Studio as Administrator, also I changed pk3cmd.exe to run as Administrator, but still when I try programming from the Positron IDE, the Command Line window closes as soon as it opened. Any suggestion to why it behaves this way?

Regards

top204

With a standard command line interface to a PICkitX programmer, errors and confirmations are never seen because the application closes down immediately. Silly I know, but that's microchip for you. LOL

I've always found it more useful to create a .bat file, so the parameters from an IDE are passed the the .bat file that calls the PICkitX program, then a Pause command can be placed at the end of the .bat file, so what has happened while programming can be seen in the console window. Then a key press closes the .bat file.

Many years ago, I created a couple of .bat files for the PICkit3 command line program. Here's the contents of one of them:

PK3CMD.exe -MP -ME -MC -MB -L -V3.3 -P%1 -F%2
Pause

And another.

PK3CMD.exe -MP -ME -MC -MB -L -P%1 -F%2
Pause

I had the .bat files named powered.bat and unpowered.bat, but I can't remember what powered what with them now. :-)

okmn

Quote from: okmn on Apr 11, 2021, 06:00 PMwhy i took these errors after for each compiling

positron err2jpg.jpg  positron error.jpg

i find the reason that why i was taking error when i command "compile" for any sample codes in positron default list(without re typing)

i had windows 10 home single lamguage licenses on my desktop pc
i bought win 10 pro now and dont have any compile errorpositron studio 2.0.2.3

it is jjust little not to interest with it.