News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Curious error.

Started by david, May 11, 2021, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

Hi All,
I'm dabbling with some older chips as servo drivers and triggers for an old friend's garden railway set up.
I have two simple and similar listings of code for the same chip but one throws up an error and one doesn't.  Why should I get an error?  If I rem out the offending line it simply faults on the next line (line 122).

Cheers,
David

RGV250

Hi David,
What device, what version of the compiler, can you post the code if it is short.

Regards,
Bob

trastikata

The error is probably not related to the if-then in question, but some other error or omission earlier in the code.

I am not sure for this behavior, but sometimes I get similar "errors" due to faults earlier in the code.

OG

QuoteThe error is probably not related to the if-then in question, but some other error or omission earlier in the code.
I've had the same event a lot. Other mistakes can cause this.

david

Quote from: trastikata on May 11, 2021, 11:11 AMThe error is probably not related to the if-then in question, but some other error or omission earlier in the code.

I am not sure for this behavior, but sometimes I get similar "errors" due to faults earlier in the code.

How right you both were.  (this is embarrassing) I had missed a total of 8 Endifs much earlier in the program after cutting and pasting some code.  It was curious where it actually flagged the error as this was innocent code but yes the mistake was all mine.

Cheers,
David