News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

access violation

Started by Gary Scott, Mar 27, 2021, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Scott

Quote from: JohnB on Mar 29, 2021, 07:52 AM@Garry Scott
How were you scrolling through the data sheet?

Yes, I was using the mouse wheel

JohnB

@Gary Scott

I cannot reproduce on my machine here after 10 minutes of continuous scrolling.  I have been scrolling quickly up and down on 2 big PDFs but could not see it getting slower and neither could I get it to AV. In fact I could not even get it to AV with the scroll button.  I'll approach the PDF viewer developer  for any suggestions. One question, had you been using search in the PDF before hand?
JohnB

JohnB

@Dogboy
Does this happen every time you compile?  Did you use the latest download, initially there was a problem which I fixed by the next day.
JohnB

JohnB

We seem to have sorted out the Access Violation in Win32 PC's. Thanks to @Gary Scott for testing
I have placed an updated Win32 version of the app in my Google drive pending reissuing a full install.
If you would like to check out this version please download it, expand the Zip file and place it in C:\Program Files\Positron Studio\.

The reason I don't want to put a full install out yet is because at the same time my Delphi development  has also been updated and I want to do some further testing.

I would be grateful for confirmation or otherwise that the problems has been solved.

Correction it was @Pepe who tested it form me, however, it turns out that is not the solution.
JohnB

JohnB

I have been looking further at it and there is still a problem so suggest you do not download this.
Sorry about this but I will get it resolved.
JohnB

Gary Scott

Quote from: JohnB on Mar 30, 2021, 06:05 AMOne question, had you been using search in the PDF before hand?

Yes I had been using search before I had the error. 
Also I had no problems at all yesterday with the IDE, unlike the day before..............

JohnB

Its obviously beginning to like you   ;D 
JohnB

Gary Scott

Quote from: JohnB on Mar 30, 2021, 07:18 PMIts obviously beginning to like you   ;D 

BTW @JohnB The IDE is very sexy! I enjoy using it as  well as I do Clion which I use for Rust and C/C++. Great work on your part!

JohnB

@Gary Scott Glad you like it although sexy is now how I would describe it  :)
JohnB

JohnB

For those who are using a 32 bit PC and experiencing the Access Violations when opening a new page, I have left a version on my Dropbox account which should work better although it will be a little slower as it has been compiled with debug code.  This doesn't show the Access Violation at least not on my PC so hopefully it might prove less annoying than the current production one while I try and get to the bottom of this.

You can download it from here
JohnB