News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Microchip samples bug

Started by trastikata, Mar 25, 2024, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trastikata

Hello forum,

As you know Microchip gives samples away to registered customers in certain countries. Decided to share some "secret" information with you - there are some bugs in the system which allow you to request large amounts Micro-controllers as samples.

Two of the models which you can sample in large quantities are PIC18F67K22-E/PT and DSPIC33EP128MC504-E/PT, enjoy the free stuff while it lasts.

Respectfully.

SA1.jpg

SR1.JPG

top204

I used to get samples from microchip, but they have altered their website so it is so confusing to navigate, and when I do get to the devices, it does not allow samples anymore, even when I am logged into the site.

How do you get to the devices/samples page now?

RGV250

Hi Les,
I might be wrong but I thought they stopped free samples in the UK and you had to go through an account manager which nobody probably has to get them.

This might help you Les, if you don't qualify then I don't know who does.
https://microchip.my.site.com/s/article/Problem-ordering-samples

Bob

top204

Thanks Bob

That's what I found out a couple of years ago, that microchip were no longer doing samples in the UK, but I thought they may have changed their mind, as they do with their devices. :-) Such a shame, because I used to order a bunch of samples when I was adding new devices to the compilers, so I could test them.

RGV250

Hi Les,
I think it might be worth an email to here though.
QuoteIf the concerned person is an independent contractor / consultant with no company specific email address and want to order samples, please contact us at partners@microchip.com and one of our team will be able to assist with your needs.

Bob

trastikata

Another bug in the system :)

BUG.jpg