News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Low cost vacuum sensor

Started by RGV250, Mar 16, 2024, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGV250

Hi,
I have a need for a cheap hopefully digital output vacuum sensor, I can find quite a lot of positive pressure but only one for vacuum.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Negative-Pressure-100-0kPa-XGZP6867-Differential/dp/B085MG7VCV  but do not need 5.
I did find what appears to be the same one on ali express but the description was not exactly confidence inspiring.

Bob

TimB

What's your definition of low cost and what resolution?

To expand your range search for "absolute pressure sensor" There are a lot of MEMS devices out there that are sub £20

RGV250

Thanks Tim,
£20 is around the ball park I was hoping for, resolution does not need to be great, I am just using it for an early warning before I lose the vacuum.
Cannot seem to find a digital output so far but RS seem to have one that fits the bill with analog output for testing.

Bob

rick.curl

Hi Bob-
I agree with Tim- A differential sensor can be used to sense a vacuum.  I searched on Digi-key and turned up several that appear to meet your requirements, such as the SPL17-002
If you only need a yes/no answer as to whether the vacuum is working or not, try your local HVAC supplier.  Low- cost pressure (vacuum) switches are used in many gas heaters to verify that the draft inducer is working.

-Rick

trastikata

Hello Bob,

Except for barometric pressure sensors, I find analog sensors better option in most applications.

Freescale has bunch of analog vacuum sensors under 10USD (and they send for free up to 15 samples  ;) ).