News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Login or Registration problems?

Started by top204, Feb 19, 2024, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

I received this email this morning and I am just wondering if there are any registration problems with the forum after I mentioned the spam level increasing the other day?

Any ideas anyone?

QuoteIts registering that I'm having issues with

For some reason this wont allow me to register on the forum Im using markh2024 as ID and  then password    all the same  over 8 characters but its not accepting this
Could this be something Im doing wrong or could  you create temporary logon yourside  so that I can logon

Many thanks
Les

trastikata

Hello Les,

did he answer to the verification question at the bottom of the form?

P.s. I myself am not sure how to answer it  :)

top204

Thanks trastikata

I've just been into admin and did it ask the question "what is a PIC12F675" ?

It accepts several answers capitalised or non-capitalised etc...

Any ideas for a better question or questions?

kcsl

Quote from: top204 on Feb 19, 2024, 03:14 PMAny ideas for a better question or questions?

"What's the name of the company that makes the PIC", might be a good question.
There's no room for optimism in software or hardware engineering.

trastikata

Another suggestion is a mixed math question of the sort "Spell the result for (five plus 13) divided by 2"

John Drew

Both suggested changes would serve to filter out robots.
I wasn't sure what I would have answered to the original question.
John

top204

I have had a few emails about registering and getting the verification answer incorrect to the "What is a PIC12F675"? The answer is a bit arbitrary, and has several valid answers, both long and short, but incorrect unless it is the exact answer!

Hmmm.... what now? The spelled calculation seems like a good idea.

John Drew

Quote from: top204 on Feb 20, 2024, 12:29 PMI have had a few emails about registering and getting the verification answer incorrect to the "What is a PIC12F675"? The answer is a bit arbitrary, and has several valid answers, both long and short, but incorrect unless it is the exact answer!

Hmmm.... what now? The spelled calculation seems like a good idea.

I agree Les, unfortunately in this new world of AI probably nothing is perfect however Trastikata's word maths is as good as it gets.
John