News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Pickit standalone application

Started by Yves, Feb 15, 2024, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yves

Hello all,
Is the standalone application for pickit3 to flash also works for pickit4? I find MPLAB so slow and bulky to load and is a real pain if you just want to flash from a positron HEX. Is anyone has experience the excellent stand alone program with Pickit4? If not where the pick4 standalone program can be downloaded?

Yves
Yves

diebobo

U might consider using the command line util for this. Then u can program the Pic from the original IDE or another one... U also might consider another programmer, Pickit after 2 are verrrrrry slow in an hobby envirioment..  I got an Northern Software programmer and it programs really big HEX files in seconds.. Their example comparison calculations are correct..

tumbleweed

QuoteIs the standalone application for pickit3 to flash also works for pickit4?
No.

MPLABX IPE is the programmming application for using the PICKit4, PICKit5, or other new tool.

There is a command-line version (IPECMD) that lets you use any of the programmers.
It's a java-based program so it's not exactly speedy.

Yves

I'm sorry guys, I was simply asking if the stand alone pickit3 program will work with with the PicKit4 dongle. Maybe some one in that forum has tested it already.
Yves

ricardourio

Hi Yves,

If you are referring to MPLab IPE as standalone application, the answer is yes, it will work "fine" with PicKit 3 or Pickit 4. (PS:"fine" because for me it is some of worst software that I know)

Ricardo Urio