News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Assembler Section

Started by hitronics, Jun 30, 2023, 04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitronics

Hi, Guys
I am usig Proton Ide so in the assmebler section want to make some modification after doing some modifications how to compile the code?

Stephen Moss

To be clear is this what you want to do...
Complile the Basic code
Edit the resulting Assembler Code
Compiler the modified Assembler code into a Hex file for programming.

If so then if using the Mechnique IDE...
I think it can be done by opening the openign the assembler view, edit the Assembler code there and then perform a "Save As", otherwise it would be overwritten the next time you compiler the .BAS and you would loose your changes.
Then in the Assembler View window click either the Assemble or Assemble and Program options to compile to a Hex file.

I am not sure that is possible if using the Positron Studio (I may not have the latest version) or FineLine IDE's but an alterative method to the above that I think would work on any of the IDE's is to...
1) Copy the contents of the Assember View to a new source code (.BAS) file.
2) Place it between Asm and EndAsm, i.e.
Asm
Insert Your Assembler Code Here
EndAsm
then modify and compile.
Anything between the Asm and EndAsm wrappers should be passed straight to the Assembler program as it is for conversion to a Hex file. 

RGV250

Hi,
QuoteI am usig Proton Ide so in the assmebler section want to make some modification after doing some modifications how to compile the code?
My first thought is why??, perhaps you could post an example of what you need to change which would help people to assist.

If you know what you need to do you can use basic for the majority of your code and then a bit like Stephen pointed out, you can use Asm/EndAsm for what you need to do in asm rather than the whole project.

If there is a function that you need to modify there is a way to disable it and use your own but I do not know how to do that.

Regards,
Bob