News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

i want to buy the compiler Les Johnson's in ebay ,is this true buy link?

Started by okmn, Mar 07, 2021, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okmn

hi guys ,
i have dongle version of Proton Compiler, i bought it many years ago(i stil could keeped the dongle ...did not lose :) )
but i wan to buy the ebay version compiler of which one will come with support of new named Positron?  by Les Johnson's
i love this compiler!!

is this true link to buy that compiler ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Proton-and-Proton24-PIC-BASIC-Compilers-for-PIC-and-PIC24-and-dsPIC33/233913586957?hash=item367656150d:g:y7IAAOSw25VeNYBm

Bob (G8GFA)

okmn

ups!!there is a problem
pay option has only for paypal
but we can not use paypal from Turkey
can it open direct pay option with credit card?

OG

Yasin

Quote from: okaman on Mar 07, 2021, 07:48 PMups!!there is a problem
pay option has only for paypal
but we can not use paypal from Turkey
can it open direct pay option with credit card?

The formulas are as follows.
1-) Open your Ebay Account in a European country. Make the purchase from there.
2-) Please ask someone who has a Paypal account.

keytapper

Quote from: OG on Mar 07, 2021, 08:12 PMI think he bought it with the @keytapper credit card.
What?  :o  :o
I bought mine without a Paypal account, just chose to buy as guest.
Ignorance comes with a cost

okmn

i bougt it with credit card as guest user ,different country and adress information.

ebay 2.jpg

what will do now ?
he will send me a download link ?

Yasin

No need to use a VPN. It is enough to use the address defined in your account as a European address.

Yasin

Note: knowing the address information, I made it fake. For test.

OG

Quote from: keytapper on Mar 08, 2021, 07:52 AMWhat?  :o  :o
I bought mine without a Paypal account, just chose to buy as guest.
What I would like to say; "without using paypal".

keytapper

Ignorance comes with a cost

OG

Paypal is not usable in some countries. I saw your post about the method of using credit cards on ebay in the old forum (for buy protons) .

okmn

guys ,
i like proton realy!
i have big respect to Les he did good job  .

i have a full compiler with my own name now !......,thanks Les
i want to see  proton(positron) has pic 32 famiies support for image and audio processing..

RayEllam

Hi,
I purchased PDS many moons ago, I have a dongle. If I purchase can I just get a download link rather than stuff sent by mail? I live well off the grid and mail from non "jungle" countrys can take an age 😉

okmn

Quote from: RayEllam on Mar 09, 2021, 12:49 PMHi,
I purchased PDS many moons ago, I have a dongle. If I purchase can I just get a download link rather than stuff sent by mail? I live well off the grid and mail from non "jungle" countrys can take an age 😉
yes Les sending a link to download also as attach in mail

ronirac

Hi everybody,

I bought the new compiler on Ebay, and the procedure was a breeze. I went to the UK Ebay website and copied the exact name of announced compiler and went back to Canadian Ebay and copied the title in the search section. And sure enough I was able to purchase with my credit card.
Thank you Les for continuing the support on this great compiler which I admit spending countless fun hours of programming.
Cheers.

Ronald
Greenfield Park Quebec Canada

LeonJ

I bought my dongle free version 2 days ago and received the download link from Les withing a few hours.
Installed easily (on my ancient MacMini VM XP) and it works perfectly.

Guess I won't be needing my 2 dongles again!

Looking forward to using those newer 18FxxQxx devices soon!

Les, will you be posting update release notifications and corrections/additions made, on this forum?

normnet

Quote from: okaman on Mar 08, 2021, 04:31 PM...i want to see  proton(positron) has pic 32 famiies support for image and audio processing..

As I understand it there are no plans for a Positron PIC 32 however a 16 bit 200 MHz PIC is coming.

John Drew

@LeonJ
Don't throw your dongles away.
I keep old copies of the compiler just in case I have a compilation problem with an old program.
I've needed an old version occasionally. Better programmers than me would rewrite, but heck I'm lazy :)
Cheers
John

LeonJ

Thanks John,

I intend keeping my dongles for sure. They've enabled so many projects previously.
I've kept most of the old compiler copies.
Occasionally I have to rewrite some older code but that's okay. It usually turns out more efficient the second time around anyway.

I'm hoping to obtain a new Mac Mini with the M1 processor but it seems the VM market has to do some catching up first.

I've been using Parallels/XP on a Mac Mini 2011 very successfully up to now but can do with a bit faster compile turnarounds.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Leon.