News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

PIC18F26K40 with PicKit

Started by Mapo, Mar 01, 2021, 03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapo

Greetings to all,
I ask if anyone has already used this pic PIC18F26K40 with PicKit 2 or 3.
I found this pic is not programmable by PicKit, does anyone know how to put it in the list?
I use this PIC18F26K40 because it has the DSM (Data Signal Modulator) module that I would like to use
Thanks for your suggestions

TimB

The pickit 2 + 3 are very old. If you want them to support the device you need to use PICKIT2Plus / PICKIT3Plus
software

Mapo

picsels

Quote from: TimB on Mar 01, 2021, 03:16 PMThe pickit 2 + 3 are very old. If you want them to support the device you need to use PICKIT2Plus / PICKIT3Plus
software
Hm, looked like a nice solution to extend the life of my Pickit3.
But then I saw that the price of the software is more than half of a new Pickit programmer... :o

RGV250

QuoteBut then I saw that the price of the software is more than half of a new Pickit programmer.
Not sure where it is on the site but I only wanted the graphical version which was £10 for Pickit 2.

Bob

Stephen Moss

Quote from: picsels on Mar 03, 2021, 09:29 PMHm, looked like a nice solution to extend the life of my Pickit3.
But then I saw that the price of the software is more than half of a new Pickit programmer... :o
It may be but you get extended device support for PICkit 2 & 3 so it is supporting two programmers, plus if the new PICkit programmer you are referring to Microchip's PICkit4 then you will have to check this (maybe someone here will know) but I seem to recall it does not support some of the older devices in which case...
a) your will have to take that into consideration and
b) it is still cheaper than purchasing whichever programmer you are referring to.
Quote from: RGV250 on Mar 03, 2021, 10:41 PMNot sure where it is on the site but I only wanted the graphical version which was £10 for Pickit 2.

Bob
Could have been here where there is a £9 option which may be what you are referring to

OG

picsels ,
You can also use MPLAB IPE. But, it consumes a lot of resources.

Mapo

Thanks all, now I have purcase "PICKitPlus Basic Suite".
I looked at PicKit4 but couldn't find an application to work without MpLab like PicKit2 or 3.
With this software I solved without too many experiments

picsels

Quote from: OG on Mar 04, 2021, 12:09 PMpicsels ,
You can also use MPLAB IPE. But, it consumes a lot of resources.
I'm already using ipecmd, which works fine, but apparently does not support the newest PIC's (I still have a stack of 18F2550's so no reason to switch yet).

OG

I still don't know why MPLAB IPE is used with ipecmd. I've never used.
I don't know what the advantage is. That's why I can't comment.