News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Proton IDE - how to run second instance of the program?

Started by trastikata, Jan 29, 2023, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trastikata

Hello all,

I have multi-screen (4 screens) setup and want to open two or three instances of Proton IDE on each screen, is it possible?

This will make programing much easier, currently I run Proton IDE and VSCode simultaneously but I prefer using the same IDE on all screens.

Thank you

Oskar-svr

Hello friend I leave you this link I hope it is what you are looking for
as a recommendation you must have a graphics card with several video outputs so that you can see 2 or 3 monitors each independent of the other
To configure the screens you must click with the right mouse button, a screen will open, select the screen configuration option, I will open a screen and it tells you the monitors you have, click on identify or detect so that you can see the order of your monitors , you can move the monitors in the image as you want, after you have organized your monitors, there is an option below several screens, drop down the menu and select extend desktop to this screen and ready you will have several monitors with the independent content of each monitor that you select

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2NNcegt1xoNot a valid attachment ID.Not a valid attachment ID.Not a valid attachment ID. 

trastikata

:) thanks my friend, but this is not what I am asking. I've been working on a multi-screen set-up for a long time.

What I need is to be able to run more than one instance of a program, which normally doesn't allow it.

Just try to open two instances of Proton IDE and tell me if you could  ;) .

RGV250

trastikata

Quote from: RGV250 on Jan 29, 2023, 04:12 PMVM's ?

I've tried it but it's very inconvenient working with the mouse when you have to go back and forward between the screens to scroll the code.

Or at least I couldn't find an easy way to work out that in VMware.

normnet

Quote from: trastikata on Jan 29, 2023, 03:30 PM:) ...Just try to open two instances of Proton IDE and tell me if you could  ;) .

FineLineIDE supports two open instances if that helps.  Probably other IDE's as well.