News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

License dongle

Started by Gary Scott, Jan 18, 2023, 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Scott

Any of you ole timers find a use/repurpose for the old and now useless dongle? Should I put mine in the trash/landfill dump or has some smart individual found another use for them.

RGV250

Hi,
I have often wonder that, possibly using it for security on a directory or something but as it was a bit problematic I think it would lock you out when you really needed it.
Probably best destined for the WEEE bin in the sky.

Bob

top204

Do me a favour Gary and place it on the ground and smash it to pieces with a hammer, while shouting the words "That's what Les thinks of you, you lying, over-controlling, cheat". LOL

A video of it being done would be wonderful to watch. LOL

Best regards
Les

Pic-ignorant

I binned mine and bought 3 copies of the dongle-free version. Money well spent!

kcsl

Quote from: top204 on Jan 19, 2023, 11:21 AMDo me a favour Gary and place it on the ground and smash it to pieces with a hammer, while shouting the words "That's what Les thinks of you, you lying, over-controlling, cheat". LOL

A video of it being done would be wonderful to watch. LOL

Best regards
Les

I think this is the least we can do for you Les.
Enjoy.

Dongle smashed

And people say I never throw anything out...
There's no room for optimism in software or hardware engineering.

top204

Many, many, many, many, many thanks kcsl. There is not enough space to put all the thanks I have. :-) That has made my day. :-)

Pic-ignorant

I didn't need a hammer to break my dongle, I was able to break it several times by simply forgetting to remove it before putting the laptop in the bag.

I think I've got another one at work somewhere. I've got several options to destroy it, 150 tonne press, waterjet or maybe forklift?