new compiler Positron8 will support new familie pıcs like 18F27Q43 ?

Started by okmn, Feb 26, 2021, 03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okmn

new compiler Positron8  will support new familie pıc like 18F27Q43 ?

top204

Yes.

That is the next "upgrade" to the compilers, as well as new dsPIC33CK types, a new variable type, and updated manuals.

It is overdue, but other things in my life have had to take precedence.

okmn

it is great news..
I am trying to learn how to program pic mcu with the c programming language by mplab x ide editor and xc compiler (my only goal is to be able to create projects with linux support) but I also have to do my projects with the proton (as you know, life is about to make money).
I pray to you with sincere wishes so that you can put all your plans on track as soon as possible ... we need you, brother !! be sure.

by the way i saw yesterday  this  website it is about a new basic compiler for pic and avr mcu ...do you have any relation with that guys!?

Yasin

Quote from: top204 on Feb 26, 2021, 07:16 PMYes.

That is the next "upgrade" to the compilers, as well as new dsPIC33 types, a new variable type, and updated manuals.

It is overdue, but other things in my life have had to take precedence.

Very good news. There are 2 questions I want to ask.
- Will these updates cover the PIC33CH series?
- I want to use the positron compiler legitimately (I don't want a dongle). Is it enough to buy the proton on Ebay? Or is another method required?
Best regards.

top204

The 16-bit compiler will support the dsPIC33CH devices once they have settled. However, the current dsPIC33CH devices are not very good and are riddled with silicon anomalies.

Once Microchip settle on a better way of using both cores, I will start using them, but for now, In My Opinion, they are not worth the effort of using the two "pseudo" independant cores, and a single core dsPIC33 is just as good.

The Ebay compilers do not need a USB dongle, and never will!

Dave-S

That will be great news if it includes PIC18F47Q84 with CAN.

Pepe

okmn

ye it has
i verified  just now.

with only 2 command lines

device = 18f57K42
xtal 64 and it compiled ok.

okmn

Quote from: Dave-S on Mar 06, 2021, 12:03 PMThat will be great news if it includes PIC18F47Q84 with CAN.
18f47Q84 and 57Q84 not support now.

i tested only via 2 command lines and not yet support now
Device = 18F47Q84
Xtal 64

18f47Q10 47Q43 47Q53 HAS SUPPORT ALSO.

RGV250

Hi,
You don't need to compile, if you put Device = xxx and the device turns blue the compiler supports it.

Bob

okmn

Quote from: RGV250 on May 12, 2021, 07:12 PMHi,
You don't need to compile, if you put Device = xxx and the device turns blue the compiler supports it.

Bob

i know it be sure,
i just tried answer fully correct.thats all

top204

The Q84 devices are brand new and they will require some major changes to the compiler's assembler generation because they use a different assembler program, so the directives and RAM placements are all different.

They are also on about a year's lead time from Microchip at the moment, so they are not going to be available in any numbers for quite a while. The same with all the newer Q devices. I'm having to wait until October for some samples of the Q84 devices!

okmn

sorry Les i feel something that it can possible that i miss understandt(reason is my english) 

POSıTRON HAS FULL SUPPORT WITH 4.0 version ;

46K22
47K42
57K42
47Q10 
47Q43
57Q43

but q83 and q84 not yet now  ..like that?

top204

My mistake okmn. I had forgotten the devices that I had created for the upgrade. :-)

Too many things happening here all at the same time, what with the trying to sell the house so we can move, and trying to get projects finished so we have a little money coming in, and updating and maintaining the compilers etc..... As well as the fact that I have a fatique problem now, so it gets to me sometimes. LOL

okmn

oh my god!you would done me..
I started to say to myself that I think my fight with this English will never end.

haven't i still learn English yet!

thank you ,for your verified answer.

God give convenience to you.

HAL

HI OKMN

YOU ARE DOING PRETTY WELL...

AS WELL AS MOST OF US WHO SPEAK ENGLISH AS OUR PRIMARY LANGUAGE...

THE MAIN GOAL IS TO COMMUNICATE, AND YOU DO THAT VERY WELL....

REGARDS
HAL

Pepe

Amateurtje

Hi Les,

I do not want to pressure you but I got a tray from microchip with PIC18F47Q84 (it felt like a christmas present). So I can start developing my new board. Do you already have any idea when this PIC is supported?

Mapo

Hi Les,
I echo the request if you add the PIC18FxxQ40 series in the future