News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Water meter

Started by shantanu@india, Jan 11, 2023, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shantanu@india

Hi,
Need to design a apartment-wise water consumption monitor for a 28-storey building. Line sizes are 1"/2".
It seems turbine type flowmeters with pulse output is the best solution in this segment.
Any ideas about reliable brands?
Regards
Shantanu

rick.curl

I've seen lots of Chinese flow sensors for a dollar or two, but here in the US, most cities use meters made by Neptune.  They're more expensive, but they are ultra reliable. They are in the business of providing complete meters instead of just the turbine sensors, but it might be a starting point.  Look here: Neptune Technology

-Rick

shantanu@india

Regards
Shantanu

RGV250

keytapper

Quote from: rick.curl on Jan 11, 2023, 02:44 PMI've seen lots of Chinese flow sensors for a dollar or two
I've made a device with the attempt to measure the quantity, with such oriental devices, but nothing will be reliable.
When pressure vary then measure changes, or when calcare starts to dirt the turbine chamber that it's necessary to often adjust the parameter or clean the device.
They are good to sense something flowing across the pipes, but even flow values are not constant.
I wonder how the petrol station measuring their pump dispensing.
Ignorance comes with a cost

Oskar-svr