News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Matrix 8x8 proteus simulation

Started by Pepe, Aug 28, 2022, 01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

I should have opened it, would have saved me from messing with the font.
I must congratulate on an excellent set of libraries.
JohnB

Pepe

Thanks John B, this is my library and I choose font 2 for the degree symbol

JohnB

@Pepe Could you possibly send me the ISIS project file you created for the 4*64 led matrix board as shown in Post #60.
JohnB

Pepe

Demo for proteus 8.15

JohnB

Thanks, it looks like I will have to upgrade from 8.15 to use it but thanks.
JohnB

Pepe

What is the version that you have of Proteus?

JohnB

JohnB

Pepe

Demo for proteus 8.13

JohnB

JohnB

JohnB

I have this partially with a 16F1705 now using the same code I used with the 18F27K42 but for some reason this only writes to the first 64x64 display.  I have attached your modified ISIS model and my code - any ideas why its only writing to the first block?
JohnB

JohnB

@Pepe Just modified your program to run on a 16F1705 and added 16F1705 to the ISIS model. 
Not getting anything on the display.  Is there any reason why it should not run on the 16 series devices?
JohnB

Pepe

Modify the library to support pic 16f

JohnB

@Pepe Thanks very much - not had time to test it yet.  At first glance the only change I spotted was the buffer size, were  there other changes?  Will this version still work with the 18F series?
JohnB

Pepe

If it still works for the 18f series, the modification I made was to replace the statement va = 1 << column by va = 1 << ( column // 8 ) due to the fact that in 16f if column is > 7 it does not break and va stays in 0 instead in 18f it rotates and goes = 1. I don't know if it is a compiler error but I solved it using column // 8 so that it is not > a 7.
Also lower the size of the buffer because pic 16f has less ram and to show only 7 characters you can put 7 characters × 6 points = 42

Dim buffer(50) as byte

JohnB

Thanks I have it working on the 18F27K42 and 16F1705. 
JohnB

Pepe

JohnB

I don't know if you have noticed but it seems that the matrix is a bit slower to update with the new library.  Not measured it but its just an impression.
JohnB

Pepe

At 64mhz on 18f it takes about 35ms and at 32mhz on 16f it takes 95ms and there is almost no difference with the new library